Pellet grills existed in the 1980s but were not widely manufactured due to patent problems. As soon as the problem was over, these unique appliances sparked sudden attention from the mainstream population across the world. Eventually, everybody is now crazy about having a pellet grill at any cost. Unfortunately, pellet grills are expensive and you may not get one below $450 at retail whereas gas and charcoal grills are available at $150. Here are the top 5 best pellet grills under $300 for you to meet your budget.
Best Budget Pellet Grills 2021
|Image||Top 5 Pellet Grills Under $300||Price|
|Green Mountain DCWF Wood Pellet Grill||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|ASMOKE AS300 Table Top Wood Pellet Grill||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|PIT BOSS Mahogany PB440D2 Pellet Grill||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Masterbuilt WG400B SH19260119 Pellet Grill||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Char-Broil 12201570-A1 Offset Smoker||VIEW ON AMAZON|
Also Check: Top 10 Best Pellet Grills in the Market
Top 5 Best Pellet Grills Under $300
The DCWF model or the Davy Crockett Sense Mate Electric Wi-Fi portable and foldable wood pellet grill from the Green Mountain brand is an advanced technological grill trending in the market. The product is very conveniently portable due to its foldable characteristics. This black-colored tailgating grill is very popular because of its suitability for outdoor cooking especially in camping and other outdoor events. The product is featured with sense mate, a special and thermal sensor that constantly monitors the heat in the grill.
The appliance comes with several features like the peaked lid for the rib racks, a meat probe, and a convenience tray. Besides this, the grill has adapters for 3 power options. You can pack it in any trunk after folding and move the appliance anywhere you like. The most useful characteristic of this product is its Wi-Fi system. You can monitor and command your entire cooking process through your iOS or Android phone in the comfort of your home from anywhere in the house. Similarly, the convenience tray is another useful feature that comes with utensil hooks.
Eventually, you should never miss this unique appliance especially if you are fond of outdoor camping, or hunting, tailgating, or interested in music festivals, etc. The appliance hardly weighs 57lbs lighter enough for easy portability and easier for packing with its foldable legs. You can pack it easily in the trunk of your car and move anywhere you wish.
- Comes with advanced Wi-Fi technology to suit smart homes.
- The grill perfectly holds the temperature.
- The features of foldability and packing are unique for outdoor portability.
- Compact size to easily carry the grill.
- You may experience repeated problems with the grease tray.
This grill also featured in our list of Best Pellet Grills Under $500.
This AS 300 Tahoe Blue model of smoker and grill from the ASMOKE brand is an 8 in 1 BBQ set that can sear, grill, smoke, braise, roast, bake, char grill, and BBQ. The brand recommends using natural applewood pellets to ensure the rich woodfire flavor and taste of your recipes. The grill further offers large 256-square inches of the cooking surface to cook enough items for a big gathering. You can conveniently use this appliance for your outdoor backyard parties. Besides, the AS300 smoker and grill is fit for your camping, outdoor BBQ, RVs, and other traveling and outdoor get-togethers.
The cooking grid of the appliance is coated with two-tier porcelain coating and thus not only easy to clean but also ensures durability. Similarly, the grill is incorporated with advanced smart temperature technology to regulate the heat as per the need of foods. You can either cook slow with lower temperatures or cook hot and quick meals with its smart temperature technology. Its temperature ranges between 180-degree Fahrenheit to 500-degree Fahrenheit and you can constantly monitor the heat by a color LED digital temperature controller mechanism.
The pellet feeding system is automatic and easy in the grill. Its automatic pellet reloading system feeds the exact quantity of pellets as required. Similarly, the heating fan of the grill regulates the required temperature as per the need. Eventually, you need not babysit and watch and monitor the cooking process as the grill does its job without giving any extra burden.
The manufacturer has introduced an advanced unique heating system called air duct system to ensure even cooking in the grill. The air duct system also ensures the safety and prevention of hidden tempering danger. Ultimately, with the help of an air duct heating system, the grill instantly reaches 500-degree Fahrenheit of temperature 15 minutes faster than other contemporary pellet grills. This mechanism also saves 20% or pellet which is an added advantage for you.
- The grill cooks faster and easier than any other pellet grill.
- 8 in 1 cooking perfectly done with woodfire taste and flavor.
- Presently comes with all the essentials and a five-year limited warranty.
- The bonus accessories include a precision tracking stainless steel meat probe and a waterproof grill cover.
- Works perfectly for outdoor cooking as well as at home.
- The new air duct heating technology heats the pellets faster, burns longer, stays hotter for longer, and thus saves pellets.
- The cooking chamber may get 5 to 10-degree higher temperature than the set temperature.
The PB440D2 wood pellet grill model from the PIT BOSS brand is a deluxe and advanced technological appliance made of premium gauge stainless steel. The grill comes with a large 465-square inches of cooking surface enough to cook foods for a large gathering of your friends and family members. The grill further has several advanced features like removable side serving/shelf tray, w/LED readout with the digital control board, direct and indirect heat mechanisms, and fan-forced convection for even cooking.
The pellet grill comes with two large wheels to conveniently move on any terrain and has a hopper capacity of 5lbs of pellets. In addition to this, the pellet grates of the grill are porcelain coated for easy cleaning as well as to last longer. Its cooking temperature ranges from 180-degree Fahrenheit to 500-degree Fahrenheit as per the heating need of the foods. The grill is also incorporated with a flame broiler for flame grilling both directly and indirectly.
The manufacturer recommends using natural hardwood pellets for consistent heat of 40000 BTU. Eventually, the convection cooking mechanism cooks the foods evenly across the grill. There are vent holes on the back of the barrel to ensure a start and stop cycle resulting in an automatic start as well as auto-cool after the cooking. The total 465-square inches of the cooking surface is distributed at 341-square inches at the main level and 124-square inches in the upper rack of the grill.
The recommended PIT BOSS lump charcoal is made of a hundred percent natural mesquite and oak wood without any added flavor, chemicals, glue, or spray scents. Eventually, the PB440D2 grill can char grill, sear, bake, grill, smoke, barbecue, roast, and braise in this all-in-one appliance.
- Its large cooking surface can simultaneously cook as many as 20 burgers at a time.
- Comes with a unique stainless bottle opener.
- Two large metal wheels for easy transportation on any terrain.
- Comes with a stainless steel thermometer and a bottom shelf.
- Removable upper cooking rack for cooking convenience and easy cleaning.
- It may run well initially but the auger may go on feeding pellets later.
- The temperature may run out of control.
Must Read: How to Clean a Pellet Grill?
The WG400B model of pellet grill from Masterbuilt brand comes with a large 490-square inches of cooking surface and 11.5lbs of pellet hopper capacity. The advanced auger system of the pellet grill appropriately regulates the pellet feeding in the grill and lasts longer ultimately preventing you from reloading the pellet in quick intervals. The appliance is incorporated with an easy pellet hopper cleanout system to make cleaning perfectly easy and simple.
Besides grilling and baking, smoking is perfectly done in the grill with its specially designed Smoke Hollow. Eventually, the Smoke Hollow is designed with the perfect and finest accessories along with electric smokers and combo grill smokers. Eventually, with the WG400B model, you can prepare a perfect BBQ and a variety of foods like beef, poultry, pork, fish, and anything you prefer. This unique appliance is perfect for outdoor cooking such as camping, tailgating, picnics, and other outdoor gatherings.
- The warming rack and the porcelain-coated grate make cooking convenient and easy along with clean easily.
- No more cooking monitoring and stress. Its digital readout and easy dial temperature control system perform the job perfectly.
- The grill retains woodfire taste and flavor excellently.
- The auger and controller may gradually show defects.
- Sometimes the grill causes fire irregularities due to a lack of effective temperature regulation.
The 12201570 is from the most trusted brand of Char-Broil grill manufacturer who has been in the market for a long time since 1948. This product is a unique appliance from the brand with multiple cooking advantages and can BBQ, smoke, and chargrill in the same charcoal grill. The appliance comes with 290-square inches of large cooking surface in the main chamber and 140-square inches of cooking space in the firebox chamber. You can adjust the height of the grate through its adjustable height steel fire grate system as per your cooking convenience.
The product comes with an adjustable built-in damper and clean-out door for easy cleaning of ash. The grill cooks the foods slow and steadily with lower temperatures ensuring the taste, flavor, and tenderness of the recipes. The grill is incorporated with several mechanisms to retain the heat in the grill like adjustable dampers, a vertical pipe smokestack, an off-set firebox, and a temperature gauge.
- Its multiple dampers control the smoke and heat for quality cooking.
- Monitoring the temperature in the chamber is easy with the temperature gauge on the lid.
- The cooking grates are porcelain-coated resulting in easy cleaning and durability.
- Side shelf for utensils makes cooking more convenient.
- Two wheels and two stands make the grill stand sturdy.
- The product may not be sturdy especially while moving.
- The smokestack may have a gap.
You may also like to check: Best Gas Grills: Top 15
What are the Benefits of Buying a Pellet Grill?
- The first thing about a pellet grill is its unique characteristics of all-in-one cooking advantages. You can grill, smoke, bake, braise, BBQ, and do many things in the same pellet grill which you may not be able to do in other grills.
- Pellet grills can cook abundant food enough for a big gathering.
- The taste and flavor of woodfire are only possible in a pellet grill.
- Pellet grills are cost-effective because of the fewer quantities of pellet consumption in comparison to propane and electric energy consumption in other grills.
- The contemporary pellets grills come with advanced technology like Wi-Fi and other easy cooking components.
- Nowadays you can find foldable and easily portable pellet grills that are far advanced than other grills.
Frequently Asked Questions
Both cheaper and expensive pellet grills are equally good in terms of taste and flavor of the foods especially the woodfire flavor and taste. However, you may find the difference when you count the features and technologies. Expensive pellet grills come with Wi-Fi technology for ease of cooking, cleaning, and other advantages.
There are several reasons why you should choose a pellet grill instead of propane or electric grills. Some of the primary reasons are its capacity of cooking abundant foods at a time, retaining woodfire taste and flavors, etc. However, other grills do have their advantages.
All pellet grills are portable. However, there are a few pellet grills brands that have paid special attention to the portability aspect of their product. You can find foldable pellet grills that can be packed easily and transported conveniently.
Pellet grills have a history of getting abundant popularity from their inception up to the contemporary period. As far as the taste and flavor of foods are concerned, pellet grills are unbeatable and beyond the competition. This is the reason pellet grills are still the first preference of people across the world. Get a budget pellet grill under $300 if you are concerned about your budget.